Showing: 1 - 5 of 5 RESULTS
company registration SARS

Public officer appointment with new companies

When you have registered a new company, a public officer has to be appointed at SARS. This needs to be done before the tax profile of the company can be added on eFiling. This is the case with private companies and non profit companies. The public officer will be the director of the company. In the event where there is more than 1 director, only one director will be appointed as the public officer.

Documents required

The following documentation is required to appoint a public officer:

  • ID copy. When it is an ID card, copies of both the front and back is required.
  • Proof of banking details for the company. Internet bank statements with an electronic bank stamp is acceptable.
  • Proof of address for the company.
  • Proof of address for the director.
  • A letter where the director accepts the role as public officer.
  • Copy of the COR14.3

Together with this, a selfie of the director is required. When the selfie is taken, the director has to hold his ID in his one hand and a paper in the other hand. On this paper, the following has to be written,” Please update my eFiling security details”, with the current date. The following documents are accepted as proof of address. Read the latest SARS updates here.

For more information, please contact us.

public officer
how do i register a company

Company registration at only R450

company registration

Company registration at only R450 only for the month of March 2021. This includes the registration of an income tax number at SARS. Turnaround time is 2 days if all documents are received in time.

The following documents are needed for the registration of a private company:


  • 2 or 3 possible names for the company
  • Physical address for company
  • Email address

The following is needed for every director:

  • ID copy
  • Physical address
  • Email address
  • Cellphone number

All the above documents can be mailed to . Please note that a deposit of R200 is required before any work commences.

tax compliance

Registered a company, whats next?

A lot of people are currently starting companies at the moment due to job losses and seeking alternative income. Unfortunately, these business owners are never advised on what steps to take next i.t.o staying compliant at SARS and other state institutions. Below is a bit of a break down of what needs to be done and which returns need to be submitted.

company registration

Bank account

The first thing you should do is open a bank account for the business. Without one, you will not be able to register for any tax types, or register on the central supplier database.

Tax returns

The company will be liable for tax from the day it is registered. After the end of each financial year, a set of financial statements will have to be compiled. These information on these financial statements will be used to submit the tax return of the company.

Provisional tax

During the year, all companies have to submit 2 provisional tax returns based on the figures of the current financial year. The first one is 6 months into the year and the second 12 months. So for company with a February year end, it will be August and February.

Employee tax

As soon as one of your employees earn more than R6 918(for the 2021 financial year), you will have to register at SARS for employee tax. Or PAYE as it is known. You will have to deduct PAYE on a monthly basis from the employee and pay it over to SARS before the 7th of the following month. This also means that you will have to provide all employees who tax are deducted from with an IRP5 certificate on an annual basis.


Once a company has a turnover of more than R1 million for a 12month period, they have to register for VAT. There is also an option for companies to voluntarily register if their turnover is less. The VAT is then calculated every second month and paid over to SARS. A lot of customers and suppliers prefer to do business with companies who are VAT registered. You will also need to be VAT registered in order to apply for tenders or contracts.

CIPC – Annual returns

All ompanies have to submit an annual return to CIPC every year. Click here for more information.


Company registration

Always wanted to start your own business? We can assist.

Registration with CIPC

For only R650 we can register a company for you with CIPC. Once the company is registered, we provide you with the company documents also known as the COR14.3.

The company is then also registered for income tax with SARS. A document with the tax number will also be provided.

BEE affidavit

We will also include a free BEE affidavit to sweeten the deal. This document can be used if you want to apply for tenders etc.

Information to be provided

The following information should be supplied in order to do a company registration:

Director details for every director – ID copy, address, cellphone number, email address.

The following information is needed for the company – 3 or 4 possible names for company, email address, address for registered office.

The names provided will be tested by CIPC to determine which one can be used.

Send us an email on or Whatsapp us on 074 918 7130 for more information.

Click here for more information regarding CIPC.

private company registration